[3830] CWOpen NN5O HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen NN5O HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 00:09:10 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 2000Z-2359Z

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 3:40

  160:
   80:   42     8
   40:  127   101
   20:   48    47
   15:    1     1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  218   157  Total Score = 34,226

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

HORRIBLE line noise, especially on 20m!  I could barely hear anybody...and I
know I embarrassed myself by running, then hearing some signals, but not being
able to pull them out of my mud.  Yet, I persevered for the team.  It would have
been so easy to throw in the towel, so to speak; however, I didn't want to let
my teammates down, even with a measly score.

Going to 40m was somewhat better regarding noise; however, it was still S9 (was
10 over on 20), so my apologies to anybody who called me and I didn't hear you.
I hate to operate like an alligator station!

Finally, getting to 80m with just under an hour to spare made things better.
Crazy, huh?  Still some QRN, but not nearly as noisy as on 40 and 20.  20 was a
nightmare!

Thanks to the DX stations who called, especially our UK friends.

So, until the 2020 CW Open, best wishes to all....and HUGE thanks to the grand
operators who joined forces for Deep Dixie CC teams this time around.  Some
truly great operators, including our teenager, Bryant Rascoll KG5HVO (who won
the call sign copying contest at Huntsville (AL) Hamfest at 50 wpm!!).  We're so
glad to have 4 outstanding teenagers as valuable members of the Deep Dixie
Contest Club!

73 all the way around...

Visit our club web site -- http://deepdixiecc.org

73,

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O  (CW Ops #1327)
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Flex 6600M ~ 100w into horizontal loop up 35 feet (average)