[3830] WAE SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, RICHNN3W@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 17:16:36 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: md
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:   55          96
   40:  523         147
   20: 1068         102
   15:  148          70
   10:    0           0
-------------------------
Total: 1794  1789   415  Total Score = 1,486,945

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Might be the first time I've done WAE SSB in the single op role seriously.
Congrats to all the high scores!  Was hoping for a solid 15 meter opening on
Sunday, but the A index of 24 killed that hope. C'est la vie.

Usually, I lead off by thanking John Evans N3HBX for letting me use the
Poolesville farm station.  This time, I'm leaving it for the end.  As many of
you know, the plans are in the works for the station to be dismantled late this
fall.  I've had the honor and privilege of being at Poolesville for nearly 75
different contests - either single op or multi op.  Some USA wins, many call
area wins, one #2 world finish, and several records.  I've enjoyed all of my
time there.  Poolesville is a fantastic station, and I've learned so much from
the operating side and from the technical side - thanks to the tireless and
kind-hearted support of John.  Things have blown up; coax has been torn; radios
have gone deaf; towers have run away; yagis have snapped in half.  But, John has
always listened to his operators and his love of contesting and the technical
side of amateur radio has always brought him to keep the station in tip-top
shape.  Thanks also to Mark KD4D for the steady hand in maintain the station
computer system - often driving some 100 miles from Southern Maryland to meet up
to get the station ready for some weekend event.

If it does indeed come done, it will be missed.  But I will be thankful for and
look fondly upon the opportunity to have made some 175,000+ QSOs from there.

Until next time....