[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W7TZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF W7TZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 17:37:58 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  40     18  Total Score = 720

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

I'm in Douglas County Oregon, CN82/83. They call it the "One Hundred
Valleys of the Umpqua" for a reason. High spots are far and few between and
difficult to get to for one old man and a mountain top setup that would make a
lot of vhf ops  envious. There is no population of active contesters within 100
miles.6m 5el 500w all mode2m 2x10el 220w all mode1.25m 13el 140w all mode70cm
2x12el 150w all mode6m fluctuated in and out but was active for most of the
contest on FT8 and an occasional SSB/CW. I learned after the fact that I was
FMing, and that was embarrassing to find out.
2m was a let down. I caught a couple of FM'ers, not a single SSB Q and only a
couple FT8.70cm was very disappointing. Nothing, nowhere, any mode.1.25m was
showing promise. I heard some qso's, saw no digital activity, and then something
failed.There was some 6m ms activity, but not enough to help my efforts.
It rained "hard" Saturday night into Sunday afternoon making my
armstrong rotator slow down significantly.Bottom line: 40 contacts, 18 grids,
equals 720 pts. Not bad for September.