[3830] CQ WW RTTY N5TIT SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5tit.tx@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N5TIT SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 02:39:33 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: N5TIT
Operator(s): N5TIT
Station: N5TIT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   80:
   40:   85      22      11    10
   20:  152      34      21    14
   15:    3       0       2     2
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  240      56      34    26  Total Score = 37,468

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

After a year-long break in contesting I have the station back on the air. I had
moved my station to Mississippi to operate remote, however with 400 plus
millisecond response times across the wire was not conducive to contesting. So
earlier in the week, I made the drive to Mississippi to pick up my equipment and
rebuild my station here in Texas. Last week I purchased an MFJ1838 Cobweb
antenna and assembled it on a Military pole tripod at 16 feet, This is a
temporary setup until I can get the antenna mounted on the roof when the
temperatures come down in a few weeks.

For this contest, I operated mainly on 40 and 80 meters and pulled a few Q's on
15 meters however 15 just never opened up at all. 40 Meters was pretty good for
NA but EU just was not that strong here. Now the Cobweb antenna at 16 feet is
not high enough to make it efficient so I am pretty sure that once I get the
antenna on the roof plus 5 feet or so that EU will be easier. AS and OC was
nonexistent for me this contest but I was able to nab 13 SA, 11 EU, and 3 AF, so
not bad for 16 feet.