[3830] CQWW SSB VE4VT SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE4VT SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 01:59:17 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 37:33
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     2        2
   80:   69    11       24
   40:  607    16       37
   20:  709    25       85
   15:   79    16       45
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------
Total: 1469    70      193  Total Score = 816,878

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

My worst performance since 2008. Propagation was a challenge all weekend. Last
Wednesday it was great, go figure.

Finally got the rotator back on the tower and the 40m beam operational again. It
didn't really matter as propagation just did not cooperate.

No Europe on 40m Friaday or Saturday night. The only exception was a couple CR
stations in zone 14. Worked a few North Africa zone 33 as they are far enough
south that the path is not through the Aurora.

Sunday night a few Italian stations at S9+ CQ'ed in my face as 900 Watts wasnt
enough to even get a QRZ.

Propagation is a funny thing. One station that is very loud, S9, will call CQ
and ignore my calls and then another station from the same country that is
barely audible, will come back to my first call.

This weekend, no zone 1 on any band.No Asia on 40. Only a couple JA's on 20m.
No ocean on 20/15 EXCEPT VP6R. Their heading is 210 degrees vs 240-270 for the
VK/ZL so it was south of the Aurora. Just couldn't hear them on 80m with my
S9+10-20 dB noise level.

Need a solution for lowband but being stuck on a small City lot, options are
limited to none.

Well that was a warm up for sweepstakes next month.

73 Ed