[3830] CQWW SSB OG7A(OH6MW) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OG7A(OH6MW) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 07:04:02 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: OG7A
Operator(s): OH6MW
Station: OH6MW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: kp20
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Radios: SO2R

  160:  180    11       47
   80:  648    17       82
   40:  621    27       98
   20:  752    29      116
   15:  178    23       94
   10:  160     9       30
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Very challenging propagation, had fun with 0 sunspots + strong aurora, about 37
hours.

Despite all these propagational challengies it was interesting, different but
interesting :)    I thought we had a bad propagation in SAC ssb contest but this
was even harder. No east coast US on 40m on Saturday, only one zone 3 qso.
Worked first 40m east coast qsos in the very end of the contest Sunday evening.
And it wasn't easy even with those big NA multi-multis. Only real opening
between southern Finland and NA on 20m was Sunday afternoon, a short one. 15m
opened slightly to US on Sunday evening. Northern Finland had a nice usual NA
propagation but I am located too south here. Mostly EU pileups and was suprised
to hear VY2ZM getting stronger on sunday morning on 160m. Finally Jeff was
"59" for an hour, all the other dx stations were atleast 20dbs behind.
Heard FY5KE and some other Caribbean stations on 160m, worked VY2ZM JT5DX D4C
CN3A etc on 160m. Mostly 98% EU qsos.

Ten meters opened to EU on Sunday, suprisingly many 10m qsos with difficult
propagation.

Six band qsos with CN3A D4C CN3A D4C LY7Z LZ9W P33W. Five bands with A73A,
FY5KW, ES9C, EF8R and many eu stations.

No serious SO2R this time, used other radio to just some propagation checking on
Sunday, no dual cq this time. Relaxed operation and had a great time. QSL via
LOTW. Thanks for all qsos.

73 de Ari OH6MW OG7A