[3830] CQWW CW K7CW SOSB160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7cw@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7CW SOSB160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 22:48:47 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K7CW
Operator(s): K7CW
Station: K7CW

Class: SOSB160 HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:  89     16       33
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  89     16       33  Total Score = 9,555

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Despite the subdued propagation due to a K-index of 3, I managed to do all
right.
I heard several Europeans at their sunrise on Friday evening and got only an ON.
I had to push hard to make most contacts outside North America. Towards South
Pacific and Asia, I got only KH6, 5W1 and JA. I got an almost from DS3EXX, but
he couldn't dig my call out. Only got whispers from UAs and JT5DX. Not enough to
consider calling them. On Saturday night, there were no Europeans to be heard,
at all, but I did manage to score some Caribbean and South Americans that I
couldn't get the night before. Progation Sunday morning to the west was nil for
me except that I did get VK3IO. I keep saying it... Maybe I will take action now
to improve my receive antenna situation, which is now a simple BOG. My
inverted-L for transmit needs more radials, too. I sort of love doing 160 in
contests because it's a real challenge. This time was no exception. 73, Paul
K7CW