[3830] CQWW CW VK3JA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk3ja@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VK3JA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 22:50:16 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VK3JA
Operator(s): VK3JA
Station: VK3JA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Rural Melbourne
Operating Time (hrs): 25.5

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    8     4        4
   40:  520    26       63
   20:  144    16       34
   15:  662    22       62
   10:  130    77      174
------------------------------

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

This one will be remembered for a long time.

First day an amazing ten meter opening trans-equitorial from VK to Asia
reminiscent of the sunspot peak.  The sigs from JA were so strong I could hear
the Tokyo local CB traffic in the background.  The path also opened to the
Indian Ocean and a surprise call from J57 Guinea-Bissau knocked me off my chair.
 It was amazing for a couple hours.  How much fun ten meters is when it is
working.

Fifteen meters stayed open both nights late to EU with difficult to handle
pileups but brought back memories of years gone by.  Forty meters was, as
expected, great both days with long after sunrise solid sigs from EU and LP to
Caribbean and US mainland.

A tiring event for guys my age but a real contesting "fix" for many
I'm sure.

73 and hope you enjoyed this one.
Steve VK3JA