[3830] CQWW CW DU3DW SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dwdudley@ve3oi.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW DU3DW SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 02:58:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: DU3DW
Operator(s): DU3DW
Station: DU3DW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Angeles City
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   51    12       15
   40:  120    20       32
   20:  721    28       68
   15:  606    24       64
   10:  129    15       16
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

K3, Alpha 76, TA-33, Inv Vees for 40, 80.

I operated from a QTH that has a high electrical noise level on the low bands.
My apologies for the requested repeats or for just not hearing your calls.
Noise levels on the high bands were fairly decent.  The high bands were a
pleasure to operate with 15 being the most fun.  10 was good on Sunday with
openings as far as Hawaii going east, and Ukraine going west.

The best long haul contacts were:

TI on 40
ZF,PJ2, PJ4, HC on 20.
Brazil is the antipodal area for Philippines, so PYs are heard and worked almost
daily near sunrise and sunset.

Being from Canada, I always make a mental note of VEs worked.  There are six
VE7s and one VE6 in the log.   Nothing heard east of Alberta.  Very few zone 5
(east US) stations worked.  The north magnetic pole was doing its job of
blocking our path to eastern NA, very effectively.

Oceania is a bit of a lonely, spread out place, but almost all contacts made in
CQWW are three pointers.  Can't beat that!

Thanks for all the contacts!