[3830] CQWW CW K8CN SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8CN SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 02:58:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 13:17

  160:    6     2        2
   80:   11     6        6
   40:   46    11       27
   20:  156    15       57
   15:   54    17       37
   10:    7     5        6
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I knew in advance of this contest that I wasn't going to be able to mount a
serious effort, which removed some of the self-induced tension.  An exhausting
work week plus some family medical concerns dictated a relaxed approach -
although it is a DX **contest**, I treated it as just a fun extended DX'ing
session, and that attitude really helped.

Never heard any East Asia stations, but that's not unusual given my limited
antenna.  It was great to hear and work a few African stations.  No really rare
DX encountered, and I had to leave a lot of Central and South American mults on
the table, especially on 40 and 20 meters - that hurts!  I missed essentially
all of both nights, which greatly reduced my 40 meter count relative to prior
years.

I was just glad to be able to participate for a small fraction of the contest -
it has been a rough fall and I've consequently had to sit out some of my
favorite contests.  Here's hoping that 2020 affords more quality contesting
time.

Thanks to all those ops who patiently copy my weak signals - your commitment to
making the QSO count is very much appreciated!

73,
Mike, K8CN

Rig: K3 @ 5 watts to Lazy H (cut for 20 meters, not very high up any more, and
used on all bands because it's my only antenna!)