[3830] CQWW CW VK2IA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VK2IA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 10:32:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VK2IA
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK2IA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VK/ZL
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:    3     3        3
   80:   27    17       19
   40:  359    30       81
   20:  298    32       79
   15:  629    29       82
   10:  100    14       15
------------------------------

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to go LP a week before CQWW. A storm destroyed the spiderbeam beyond
repair and I didn't feel competitive enough with just a set of rotary dipoles on
the high bands.

DAY 1
Condx on HF by far exceeded my expectations. Had a few good runs mainly into
Europe (wished they had been longer) and enjoyed working a number of easy
Carribean mults on 15m long path before our local midnight. At times, I didn't
really feel that I was running LP and dipoles from VK.

DAY 2
Was like sitting in a black hole at the end of the world, removed from all that
action and fun: No runs at all. S&P was very hard work. A total of 250 QSOs
on Day 2 vs 1150 QSOs the day before I think says it all. In fact, Day 2 was
definitely much closer to our reality over here.

BOTTOM LINE
Another great CQWW weekend with a clear preference on Saturday! Interesting
experience with a restricted set up.

Thanks for all the Qs and your patience!
73
Bernd VK2IA