[3830] RTTY Roundup W1DYJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W1DYJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 23:30:01 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2020

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:    33       0
   40:    89       0
   20:   153       0
   15:    22       0
   10:     0       0
-----------------------
Total:   297       0  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 31  Total Score = 23,760

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I enjoy RTTY contests: they're laid back and relatively calm with
little of the pile-up difficulties of other modes. My goals:

 * Beat my previous best score  (Did it!)
 * Use RTTY, and stay unassisted
   (Plus I really don't like FT8 during contests.
   To me it's slow and a DX mode.  FT4: ???.)
 * Finish MA 5B WAS: 80:AK / 15: DE/VT
   (Nope -- got none of them)

Operated off and on for the whole 30 hour time period, with a real
BIC time of 12 hours, and an "official" (ignoring breaks <30
Minutes)
time of 14:48.

Highlight was a nice opening to EU Sunday morning (~1300 UTC)
on 20, with 62 Qs in about 1.5 hours.  Mostly S&P, the overall
rate was quite steady, averaging around 20/hour.

Last year my score got me first place (LP, Unassisted) in EMA (of
two entries...  Small fish in a Micro-pond!) We will see if my
somewhat increased score this year does the same.

 Rig: 19 year-old TS-2000 / yes, needs replacing!
      Running 80W to keep it cooler -- what's 1 dB among friends!
 Log: N7YG's Digital Engine >> N3FJP's ARRL RTTY contest Log v3.7
 Antennas:
   80/40  trapped 80/40M dipole @ 10m (modified Alpha Delta DX-CC)
          [with 30M and 160M as well]
   20  HB Moxon @ 12m