[3830] BARTG KJ5T SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@kj5t.net
Subject: [3830] BARTG KJ5T SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 00:39:57 +0000
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   80:
   40:  18       1           8
   20:  28       2           8
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  46       3          16  Continents = 2  Total Score = 1,748

Club:

Comments:

First BARTG RTTY Contest.  Original intent was to mostly work on 20 meters using
a hamstick dipole but I found that my End-Fed Wire still performed better.  The
17 hours of op time is a very loose estimate, I had the radio on but wasn't
aggressively hunting for stations.

Never could get a run going, only worked two stations on 40 with calling CQ.
After the contest checking RBN it was clear I was being heard fairly well out
west.

This was also my first RTTY Contest using my Elecraft KX2.  Also tried fldigi
for the first time for a contest (My Windows Laptop doesn't play well with the
USB Sound card that I use for interfacing the KX2, I believe it is RF getting
into the USB port, even with ferrite coils on the cable so no N1MM).  Because
fldigi isn't great with keeping score for the contest, the score was hand
calculated so it might be off.