[3830] RAC Day WD6T(@N6RO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day WD6T(@N6RO) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 17:20:14 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2020

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:   14      2       3         2
   80:   53     15       7         2
   40:  215    209      10        12
   20:  302    553      12        13
   15:   62     10       7         4
   10:    0      0       0         0
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  646    789      39        33  Total Score = 728,928

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Happy Canada Day - great contest! This year, we couldn't match recent years'
all-hands-on-deck. Covid-19 safety forced us to limit in-person ops and we can
support only a few remote operators.  Add to that Canada Day falling in the
middle of a work-week so limited operator availability. Finally, Murphy made a
frontal assault by destabilizing the radio site ISP on Wed. morning,
necessitating an hour drive to the station (using low-pass filtering on SSB in
the form of a face mask). Still, by extensive use of SO2R and sleep deprivation,
we managed 80% of last year's score with only 50% of the manpower.

Band conditions were noisy on the lower bands with reduced activity there. 20m
had deep QSB and poor propagation to the eastern provinces. 15m came and went
and nothing heard on 10m. The overlap with two CWTs caused confusion from
callers when asked for an RAC number instead of their CWOps number.
(Log-checkers may want to examine incongruous serial numbers in the 13z and 19z
hours.)

Special thanks to Chris N6WM and Bill W9KKN for real-time IT help. And to Gary
for continual sage engineering of the RO station.

Dave WD6T, Bob K3EST and Ken N6RO