[3830] WAE CW K8MFO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K8MFO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2020 15:56:03 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   95    90   124
   40:  104    99    99
   20:  260   264    82
   15:   65    67    52
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  524   520   357  Total Score = 372,708

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

After a terrific low key effort, I think I should feel guilty that I didn't have
to pay for so much fun.   All I can say is WOW.   What a pleasure it is to hang
out with so many terrific operators across the Atlantic.   I have been playing
in this contest for probably 60 years, and the feeling after each is  over, is
that you are looking forward to the next running of the contest.

My plan was to make about 200 contacts just to say hello to old and new friends.
  A week before WAE,  my rotator gave up the ghost with my Mosley PRO67B antenna
stuck at 300 degrees, great for working the Yukon, but not so good for Europe.
It's the only antenna I have for 40 meters.    I have a TA33 driven element up
at 48 feet, which I used on 20 and 15.   Surprisingly I worked just about
everything I called on 40, but was probably not hearing a couple of layers!
The TA33 element worked just dandy on 20 and 15.  Thankfully my 4 square was
fine on 80.    Anyway, the so called antenna handicap didn't materialize, so my
goal of 200 QSOs continued to expand until I got to 524, at which time I pulled
the plug!

I was able to have unlimited fun, while mowing the lawn, picking berries,
enjoying 2 trips into my sauna, and being entertained by the dog. I am his
butler, but I'm not complaining.

Thank you to all for the QSOs.    What s super bunch of operators in Europe.

73

Don K8MFO