[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 16:33:04 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Aug 19

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  170
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  170  Mults = 170  Total Score = 28,900

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I had some great help this week.  N7MB visited and finished the DXE 30/40
vertical and installed it about 500 ft away.  I didn't get to try it yet because
a sudden storm came up and the mower guy had to flee, completely drenched.  He
came back and finished, so I can temporarily run some coax across the yard.

K9CT visited too and worked on the SteppIR 18e.  He managed to get it to
resonate on 40 CW, and set up the autotrack with PSTRotator AZ demo version.  I
got the enrollment codes and now have to become familiar with it.

As normal I came to the shack to set up for the 1300Z CWT.  N1MM and an
"exception occured during Web Client Request" so did not upgrade
versions, but did pick up the new call history and noticed 5 new members in the
last week.  More guys to work! Still trying to get better speed and reliability
from Sprint, but I suspect they gave up.  High SWR on 40, so I recalibrated the
antenna.  It resonated at 7.4, but I still had the inverted vee.  50 QSOs at
1316Z, but signals were generally very weak, although some were +20.   92 QSOs
at 1330Z.  134 QSOs at 1345Z, so no chance at a 200 hour.  Guys still call when
I pick up a partial call and cover each other by zero beating.  Not enough
strong signals to generate a big pileup and get two calls at a time.   As
always, CWT is a good way to trouble shoot.  I found a bad coax switch port this
week that has plagued me.  I may be able to run coax to the vertical, but need a
nap and lunch.