[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 03:18:21 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 9

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   2      2
   80:  15      9
   40:   4      3
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  21     14  Total Score = 294

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I read about last week's low band conditions, and hoped this week would improve
on the upper bands, but NOOO!  The good news is that my new 135 foot doublet in
the front yard makes 80 meters enjoyable and even yields a couple Qs on 160. Its
ends are up about 70 feet, but the center droops because the support trees are
not quite far enough apart.  Will install a center support line and get it a bit
higher than its present 45 feet.

40 was tough tonight - had a pipeline into MN, but little else.  Tried the
doublet and the Lazy H on that band, but no discernible improvement.  Just glad
to be back in NS after several sessions off - school exhaustion.

Many thanks for the Qs and 73, MikeNH