[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 03:29:18 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 16

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   1      1
   80:  14     12
   40:   8      8
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  23     21  Total Score = 483

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

WWV at 10 MHz inaudible here, so I knew that 15 and 20 were pointless, but still
called CQ sporadically on those bands hoping to rouse attention from neighbor
W1FJ.  Nice QSO with N6ZFO on 40 before the start with a good report, but more
difficult to be heard on the West Coast after the bell rang.  Always a thrill to
have DanWA call in on my CQ on 40! Big signals tonight were K9BGL on all low
bands, NA8V and W8WTS on 80 and 160.  Our southern branch (N3BB, KZ5D) was
weaker than normal up here though.  It didn't help that I've got an S7 to S9+
background noise level here on the lower bands - source(s) are unknown for now.
Finally worked relative newcomer AJ1DM - thanks for RI mult!

It's a good thing I got that 135 foot doublet hoisted in the front yard - Lazy H
has to come down this weekend to avoid entangling some contractors working on
the roof.  It's time anyway to shoot new support lines for the Lazy H and get it
back to its original height of 65 feet, maybe higher now that I've got a
pneumatic tennis ball launcher!

Many thanks for the Qs, and 73, MikeNH