[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 14:23:56 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Mar 10

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  93
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  93  Mults = 93  Total Score = 8,649

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

QRP.  Flex PGXL in for repairs. Added Radiosport headset as a birthday gift
yesterday - 68 years) from my XYL.  I also got a metal detector/stud finder that
will be useful in figuring out if the tapes inside the SteppIR are getting hung
up.  Took down the NS beverage yesterday. I'd start on the others today to beat
the upcoming rain and cold weather.  Still plenty of inside projects.

80 sounded OK, but signals were not nearly as strong as on 40 so went to 40.
Started at the bottom, but got pushed around and could not establish a
frequency.  Unassisted. Telnet keeps stopping since we changed to Verizon.
 Did some S&P, then called CQ 4-5 times if I found a clear spot.  Not
terribly effective, but had 16 QSOs at 1315Z.  Rarely got anyone on a CQ, and
never won a jump ball.  Midwest seemed strong though, but did not work but a
couple W9.  K3WJV let me tail end perfectly.  I noticed some of the high scorers
were easy to get through at 38 WPM.   Run at 7.030 1316-1325Z with 20 QSOs,
128.8/hr. At 1330Z had 41 QSOs.  At 1345Z had 63 QSOs.  Perhaps next time start
at the top where there were some spaces between stations.  Had a run at 7.044
1344-1359Z with 35 QSOs, 135.6/hr.  This really helped. GOAL: reach 100 with
QRP!

Now outside to the howling wind to get some work done.  XYL said she would help,
but she might get blown away.  She does know what beverages are.