[3830] WPX SSB OM7RU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB OM7RU SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 16:29:08 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 35:52
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   84
   80:  255
   40:  261
   20:  240
   15:   51
   10:    0
------------
Total:  981  Prefixes = 603  Total Score = 1,322,982

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

First time as Low Power and unassisted. But since I'm one of the guys, which
didn't read rules carefully before the contest, I run first few hours as
unassisted, hi.

Conditions weren't good, but I was able to made few QSOs, and interesting mults
also on 15m. LP is not very suitable for run CQ, except of few hours at the
begining of the test. Then CQ + S/P on radio 2 didn't produced acceptable rates.
So I worked almost the whole rest of the contest as SO1R S/P. Focusing to 3/6
points mults was the main goal. It produced much more points, than SO2R CQ +
S/P.
Few attempts at "free" frequency usually took only few minutes. Then I
was killed by STN, which maybe didn't heard me, or I was inoffensive for him.

Low Power SSB is hard job. Long minutes lost by hopeless calling without
respone. Also synchronisations of listening between 2 splattered top gun PA
stations TXs was strong challenge. A lot of wide, QRMed and splattered signals.

PLUS: Few "strong signal in NY" (or other USA locations)...
MINUS: ...and then few his neighbours with no answer at all.
That's SSB Low Power. But finally: It run better, than I expected, so I wasn't
bothered with ideas of giving it up!

HW worked well, I made only minor maintenances. I got new toy just on Friday
noon - ARCO. But installing, configuring and testing just few hours before the
start would be risky ;)

Thanks to all. Stay contesting!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field