[3830] WPX SSB YL1ZT M/S Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB YL1ZT M/S Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 18:33:20 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: YL1ZT
Operator(s): YL3JA YL3AMH YL1XN
Station: YL1ZT

Class: M/S HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    2
   80:   43
   40:  110
   20:  157
   15:    3
   10:
------------

Club: Latvian Contest Club

Comments:

This contest was planned to be a part time operation with YOTA activity. I had
two youngsters with 0 contest experience. Marta from YL1XN club, with whom we
operated together in December during YOTA month YL20YOTA, and Adrians YL3AMH who
just got his own license these was his first steps into ham radio.
I started the contest from the begginig at 00:00z, but after OM amplifier
failure went to sleep till the youngsters came. Seem like the tube is gone for
linear...
All saturday was mainly operated by those two youngsters and I was just next to
them.
All the event working with our old amplifier with two PTTs, not very
comfortable.
Anyway this was good training session for new generation, the future looks
bright.
CU in next ones.
Kris YL3JA