[3830] NA Sprint CW K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 04:39:07 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:   58       5
   40:   94      22
   20:   45      15
---------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Beaucoup apologies to all for my poor hand keying on 20 and 80 meters where the
elevated RF level interferes with the new logging computer.  I upgraded the
logging computer to an Intel NUC box with USB-to-RS232 adapter octopus for rig
control and keying via a Mortty, and the new system wants to lock up the
keyboard on 80 and just insert random characters on 20. I had to unplug and
re-plug the keyboard quite often on 80, which didn't help rate. It will be a
miracle if any of my Qs on those bands are accurate reflections of what I
typed!

I used my K2 with the outboard KPA100/KAT100 100 watt amp/tuner, and I'm still
getting used to the K2 again after using my K3/10 for everything.

Many thanks for the Qs - it's good to be heard for a change, but I'm not
abandoning QRP.  It was great to finally work West Coast QRP sprinter NN7SS
among other Thursday night NS regulars.

73, MikeNH

Rig: K2/KPA100 at 99 watts; 135 foot doublet, ladder line fed at center, about
40 feet up (although one leg slopes down to the ground - the squirrels have been
vicious with my support lines).