[3830] ARRLDX CW N1EN SOUAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1EN SOUAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 01:06:31 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N1EN
Operator(s): N1EN
Station: N1EN

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 28:40
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   10     9
   80:  160    49
   40:  206    59
   20:  563    72
   15:  288    68
   10:   28    18
-------------------
Total: 1255   275  Total Score = 1,035,375

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station:
Flex 6600M
2×10-40m Fan Dipoles @ 50ft
80m Carolina Windom @ 55ft
160m Inverted L w/ Folded Counterpoise

A few weeks ago, Amazon, for some reason, teased me with a desk bell.  On
impulse, I got it...and added it to the keyboard tray of the shack computer.
Admittedly, my little pistol station is certainly nowhere near the stature of
the big multi-multi stations where ringing a bell is a traditional celebration
of getting a new mult...but it did bring a smile to my face during the slog on
Sunday.  The fact that the cat attempting to sleep in my lap kept giving me
dirty looks whenever I used the bell just added to my amusement.

Conditions Friday night and Saturday were reasonably good, albeit with quite a
bit of auroral flutter.  Nice to see 15m alive, and 10m alive enough that I
really need to figure out some kind of gain antenna that will pass the
XYL-tolerance test.

Then the geomagnetic storm hit....and Saturday evening turned into a bust.
However, they seemed to recover somewhat Sunday morning, and more fun was to be
had.

Passed the goal I set for myself right at my lunch break Sunday, before taking a
3-hour shift remoting into a multi-op.  Operated the last two hours from my
station; sadly 40 wasn't as good as I would have liked, but I was surprised with
some late mults on 20, 40, and 80.

My rule of thumb for a "good contest weekend" is 1000 Q's in 100
countries.  Between disturbed conditions and COVID still taking a toll on
contesters' travels, I only logged 84 countries.   Even so, I had fun.