[3830] ARRLDX CW WD8DSB SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd8dsb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WD8DSB SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 01:11:48 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WD8DSB
Operator(s): WD8DSB
Station: WD8DSB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 9:16

  160:   20    15
   80:   22    17
   40:   30    17
   20:   47    26
   15:   63    41
   10:   29    14
-------------------
Total:  211   130  Total Score = 82,290

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Operated between other activities around the house and all search and pounce
mode using wire antennas and 100 watts.  Thought conditions were very good on 10
through 40 meters during the entire contest and managed some good contacts into
Europe on 160 meters(my favorite band) Saturday night but signals were not
strong.  15 meters turned out to be my "money band" which really
surprised me.  Amazing what a simple homebrew 40 meter EFHW antenna up 20 feet
can do when conditions are good, and many thanks to the KW stations for working
hard to hear small stations like mine.

My most memorable contact was when I went to the shack after dinner with about
10 minutes left in the contest and I stumbled upon my very dear friend Manuel
(LU5OM) calling CQ on 20 meters, and he came back to my call on my second
attempt(what a surprise).

Transceiver: Kenwood TS-180s with hi-per mite active audio filter (200 Hz
Bandwidth)
Antenna for 160 and 80 meters: 68 foot base loaded vertical with 2500 feet of
ground radials.
Antenna for 40 through 10 meters: home brew 40 meter EFHW horizontally mounted
20 feet up.

73,
Don (wd8dsb)