[3830] CQ160 SSB N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.spencer@zoho.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 16:25:31 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 6.75

Total:  QSOs = 401  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 27  Total Score = 87,975

Club: Smithchart ARS

Comments:

A very part time effort. Had no plans to operate in this much beyond a quick run
up and down the band. Obviously it expanded beyond that.

I spent a LONG time trying to get my computer, radio and N1MM working together
to be able to send messages with N1MM. Finally did a computer restore as it
seemed obvious that something got corrupted. After that, good to go.....I
thought.

Just as I was finishing trimming messages to get rid of dead time at start and
finish, sending messages again stopped working. AND, W10 decided I no longer
needed that restore point that worked so removed it. Thanks for that!! I
searched the internet for a way to find that restore point but no joy. So now
short of a complete reset of the computer seems no N1MM messages.

Fortunately I have a MFJ voice keyer and used that. My task in the coming days
will be to save all my data and re-install windows. What fun....

Friday night, getting on the band so late I had to go to the VHF end of
160....up around 1910 or so. Fortunately I can tune the matching network from
the shack. Later, in the early morning before EU sunrise did manage to find an
opening lower in the band but even up high had a trickle of EU callers.

Saturday night/ Sunday morning found a nice spot lower in the band and had a
great run. Both stateside and EU callers. At times seemed the EU callers were 2
or 3 deep. Now THAT was fun!!

I want to thank all the callers AND all those that stood by, patiently, for me
to complete the Q with C4I. I found him in a S&P sweep before the masses
did. He was weak but mostly in the clear and Q5. It took many (MANY) tries, with
a lot of others standing by, for him to get my call right. Of course, in a later
sweep he was MUCH louder and would have been an easy Q.

CQ Magazine thanks for sponsoring the contest. Was more fun that I thought it
might be.

Equipment
Anan 7000dle
Alpha 91b