[3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 14:18:28 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Nov 2

Call: VE3NRT
Operator(s): VE3NRT
Station: VE3NRT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  114
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  114  Mults = 114  Total Score = 12,996

Club: Long Island CW Club

Comments:

Right before the start another station decided to move in 150 Hz below me. I
eventually modified my macro file to select the 250Hz filter. I changed it back
after there was no activity for a couple of minutes then he came back on the
same frequency. I heard the QRL and answered it, but he still went ahead. I
guess 150 Hz is fair game in this event. I probably logged a few of his contacts
and vice-versa, and missed some off-frequency calls because the filter was
tighter than I usually run it. I still suffered a lot of QRM and missed calls in
what was a very fine run otherwise.

I'm not angry about it, it was good practice. It's probably wishful thinking to
expect 2oo Hz on either side. I'm sorry for the callers who had to take extra
time to get through because of it though. Especially late in the hour when there
was plenty of room below the other station but none above me. Thanks for those
who had the patience to continue with me.

The bands were good this morning and I racked up a pretty good roster
considered, although I'm sure there's some errors. N1MM has a nice hint on the
bandmap for spacing between CW stations. I always find a frequency where that is
clear, even if I can't hear the other station. It makes it better for everyone.

73,
Chris VE3NRT

Elecraft K3, KPA500 if HP
SteppIR DB18E @43\', 80M Dipole @35\', 4-el 6m Yagi @49\', 7-el 2m Yagi at 46\'