[AMPS] L-4B conversion to 3CX1200

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] L-4B conversion to 3CX1200
From: morel.grunberg@telrad.co.il (Morel Grunberg)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 08:19:38 +0200

>        The Peter Dahl page has a reference to an article by Pete Warren in
>an old CQ magazine on the conversion of a Drake L-4B from 3-500s to either 1
>or 2 3CX1200s. I cannot find the article, nor have I heard of anyone that
>tried it. Anyone on this reflector know of the article or of anyone that has
>done this?
>
>73 de Jim, KF7E
>
>Jim Henderson
>jhenders@tdrss.wsc.nasa.gov
>jhenders@zianet.com

Jim,

I rcvd this article few years ago from Eimac with their tubes catalog
and
some application notes I asked. Personnaly, I'm not so sure that this
conversion is such a good ideea: it's quite laborious, costly and this
quite
old tube has poor spectral purity performance than 3CX1500 or 3CX800
and needs 100W drive.It's cheaper than the new ones but , no free
lunches.

73 de Morel, 4X1AD