[AMPS] MLA-2500B Input SWR

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MLA-2500B Input SWR
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 97 06:39:07 -0800

The only way to get this much suds out is by exceeding the keydown rating
of 350mA per anode/plate.  Doing this abuses the cathode's emissive
coating and puts it at risk of flaking.  To see what happens to cathodes
that are abused this way see "Parasitics Revisited" 9/90 and 10/90 QST.
Tuning up with an electronic keyer sending 50wpm dits would be less
risky--and the rating increases to 500mA per tube.  However, if you have
a free supply of 8875s, it doesn't matter, Bob.

R. L. Measures,ag6k,805-386-3734