[AMPS] Strange Idea for an Input

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Strange Idea for an Input
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 16:30:47 -0600
Hey guys....

What about using a tuner between the rig and the amp for those amps which do
not have a tuned input.  My cheap little MFJ Versa Tuner will load a noodle
it seems.  Why couldn't you use it to tune between the rig and the amp.  I
used one on the old SB220 and it improved te drive to the rig quite a bit
and the old rig was much happier (or at least I thought it was).  The rig
had a smile on its face.

If my memory services be correct...the TS440 and such really doesn't have a
PI network tuner, but an L network tuner in it.  Maybe that is the trouble
with running those kinds of rigs into an amp.

Just a thought....   Flames anyone?

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net