[AMPS] 77 filter cap

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 77 filter cap
From: n4uq@mindspring.com (Dick Byrd)
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 14:07:27 -0500
Sean, one Peter Dahl replacement for the 77 was troublesome.  It, however,
was a 50 microfarad with similar physical dimensions.  The owner I'm
thinking of blew a couple of those.  Peter told him they had problems with
that design.  Dahl did not manufacture that unit, I'm told.  Perhaps the 35
microfarad is the current direct replacement for the original.
By the way, I learned to fix the oil leaks in the original capacitor (which
is no longer in production).

Also could I borrow your Hi-Pot when you're done?

73, Dick