[AMPS] 1500 w dissipation limit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 1500 w dissipation limit
From: philk5pc@connect.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 20:07:39 -0500
At 08:30 PM 4/18/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Anybody that thinks changing the power limit or the way that it is limited,
>is in fantasy land. NOTHING on the ham bands will change as a result. To
>think it will change is a joke.

AMEN, Terry! Over my life time here in Texas, the speed limit on our highways
has gone from 60 mph to 55 mph and now 70 mph. All these years my cruise
control has been set at 80 mph. In a free society people are going to do what
they see as reasonable, fair, and non-intrusive, while others attempt to
legislate the un-legislatable. The speed limit in some states is "whatever the
driver deems safe for the conditions at the time." What a breath of fresh air
that is!

My only salvation is that the F.C.C. and the Texas highway Patrol are under
staffed!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

P.S. for those of you who are moaning about non technical topics, why don't
you start a thread about YOUR favorite technical topic? It takes no more
effort than flaming.