[AMPS] Type-accept ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Type-accept ?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 09:51:16 EDT
On Wed, 23 Apr 1997 16:37:47 -0400 (EDT) "David L. Thompson"
<thompson@mindspring.com> writes:

  AMP supply made the LK-800 with
>three
>3CX800's but sold a puny supply so much over 1500W was almost
>impossible. Of
>course a heavy duty outboard supply was also available for the ham
>(show
>your license).

As one who was an Amp Supply distributor for many years, I never saw nor
heard of an LK-800A with an inboard xfmr.
They were all sold with an external Dahl 1.75A CCS xfmr. Typical power
out with 100W of drive was >2500W. Another version, the LK800-TNY, used
the LK-550 transformer and ran about 3100V on the plates (reportedly with
Eimac OK for SSB service) and would tickle the end of a 5KW Bird slug
with 130W of drive.
I shipped many of these amps to Europe and the Caribbean back then. In
many cases the amp deck was shipped first and invoiced as an "Active
Antenna Tuner".  A week or so later the Power Pack was shipped!

73....Carl   KM1H