[AMPS] Type-accept ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Type-accept ?
From: philk5pc@connect.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 17:05:04 -0500
At 04:37 PM 4/23/97 -0400, you wrote:

>The IMD and purity standard is why Mirage and others never did bring a solid
>state model to market.

How about Metron, Henry, (SS-750), Icom (IC-2KL, IC4-KL) Ten-Tec, Ameritron,
Yaesu, and even Allen Bond's kits? All these, many of which I own/have owned
easily meet all the type acceptance requirements, and then some! A lot of
folks have been scared off from the "brick-type" amps by their power supply
requirements. My new Henry SS-750 puts a clean 1000 watts into the antenna