[AMPS] Dayton and Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dayton and Amps
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 13:26:15 -0500
Ok...Dayton is three weeks away.  I have some cash and want to make a purchase.

Here is the question:  What manufactured amplifier (used) should I look for
that would be the best value for the money?

Points to Ponder (criteria for value):

1.  The amp has to be contest grade.  Standup and salute Sweepstakes Cw and SSB

2,  The amp doesn't have to be full output power, but it would be nice

3.  Cost less than $1,000 and in absolute mint condition (of course)

4.  Has a reasonable tube compliment for replacement. (No 8873, 8874 or 8875)

5.  Has a proven track record.

6.  Good specifications at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

7.  Was owned by a little old women from Pasadena that only used it for a
schedule with her granddaughter on Sunday afternoons every other week.

All kidding aside....what does the august body of experts on the amps
reflector recommend.

Lee Buller - k0wa@southwind.net
"Light the fires and kick the tires...we're going to Dayton"