[AMPS] lighting New old tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] lighting New old tubes
From: mays@indigo.ucdavis.edu (Skip)
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 17:13:55 -0700 (PDT)
Hello again,

A ham on one of the news groups posted a request for information about
using new old stock tubes for the first time.

In specific, these are Eimac 3-500z with 1970 date codes.

Some of the replies were from simple "light the heaters from 1hr to
6hrs", to more involved procedures.

Some mentioned potential seal leaks, others did not. I'm looking for some
ideas here from those of you with experience using NOS tubes.

He mentions the tubes will go into his TL-922 Kenwood amp. I did mention
to him to research the parasitic problems out with some sources of
information.

Thanks ahead for your responce.

Cheers
Skip May  wv6f