[AMPS] neutralization

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] neutralization
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 10:30:52 +0000
Ian wrote:
> If it isn't in "C&F" or some other 30-year-old publication, does that
> mean that it can't exist or can't be correct? A few new things have
> happened since then.

Actually Ian they do mention the bridge neutralization  circuit
applied to grounded grid PA's, and as I posted QST has an article on
it (that I offered to FAX but Rich does not want to see).

In the section on neutralizing GG amps (page 83), C&F plainly states:

1.) In grounded grid amplifiers, large tubes or tubes with
inductive reactance in grid leads need neutralized. (first
paragraph)

2.) It then list two "common methods" of neutralizing grounded
grid tubes. None of these methods includes a capacitor from
grid to ground either, but then they did say they were listing
only two "common methods", implying there are more.

This is starting to become an argument based on personal attack.
This will be my last post on the subject, because anyone wanting to
use the circuit can get a copy of Eimacs amateur service newsletter
covering grounded grid neutralization circuits, or send me a SASE and
I'll be happy to send them a free copy.

73, Tom W8JI