[AMPS] brief followup...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] brief followup...
From: mays@indigo.ucdavis.edu (Skip)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 13:43:26 -0700 (PDT)
[snip]
>We disagree here Skip. My input is that randomly selected caps can
>actually generate a problem......sort of LF parasitics I am told.  Don is
>away in your area this week but I will ask him when he returns. My input
>from him is that NO caps are the way to go...the diode does all the work
>required.

Let me back up a bit here and say that we don't disagree at all. I don't
use randomly selected parts at all. Every part, every section and every
circuit I deal with gets a full test as near the rated limit as possible.

All my parts are tested before, at and after installation. Prob one of
the reasons it takes me forever to get a lot done. I've just become so
jaded that I don't trust any one or any thing before, during and after.

Yes, please ask your friend to comment at his convenience.

I was just wondering who the original mfgr of the Heath SB-220
transformers are for curiousity only. I actually have a small stockpile
of them still from "the big shutdown" but I do appreciate your offer.

Thanks Rich for your information about the "big" MOV's. The GE brand
units I've used in the past are pretty much all over the place in
tolerance.

73's
Skip