[AMPS] Power supplies for RF Amplifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Power supplies for RF Amplifiers
From: pgerba@crl.com (Peter Gerba)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 13:48:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hi;

I've used a number of switching supplies over the last few years.  I've
noticed the following. Some cause lots of noise at HF..S5 or better in
some cases. A few have gone "bonkers" (out of regulation big time" when
near RF. This is generally VHF at 100 watts or better. Some have worked
very well ..we (our repeater group) have one in use on a mountain top
running both  1.2 & 2.4 Ghz FM repeaters...no problems in two years.
Many of these supplies, the ones with problems and the ones without, are
made by the same Mfgr.

Maybe this can be dove-tailed into the diode thread and go on for 3 more
weeks. ust yoking.

pete, kn6bi

Peter Gerba
pgerba@crl.com