[AMPS] 4CX1000A on 50Mhz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX1000A on 50Mhz
From: Shawn Tayler" <stayler@powernet.net (Shawn Tayler)
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 97 19:11:04 +0700
Hi,

I've been following the discussion of tetrode amplifiers with great interest.
A friend of mine, Dave WA6MNM, is trying to get a 4CX1000A
going on 6M.  It all started with a 4-1000 which appeared to be rather touchy.
He then changed over to the metal tube and is having a very
similar problem.

After careful testing we've found that the TS-60 radio that he's been using as
an exciter has the nasty habit of putting out a very high power
pulse of RF when the PTT is activated, especially when a lower output selection
has been made.  It doesn't occur everytime but every 3rd or
4th time is quite repeatable.

Has anyone on here run across this problem in the past and if so is there any
information/suggestions as to  how to tame this little problem?

de Shawn
 N7LQ (formerly WB7TDI)

DM09dn & DN01fa