[AMPS] re:4-250A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] re:4-250A
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 97 22:56:17 -0700
>At 07:00 PM 7/29/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>The edges of amateur radio bands are established by international treaty.
>
>US Constitution, Article VI declares that treaties are the law of the land

The point of contention is not treaties--it is bureaucratic rule-making.

>> Amateur radio sub-bands are established by bureaucracies such as the
>>FCC.  Are the current FCC sub-bands reasonable?
>
>Ask your congressperson to either intercede with the FCC or to propose
>legislation to accomplish your purposes.

Nah.  If I dared to propose that the 80m band become like the 160m
band--i.e., we amateur radio amateur radio operators determine how to
best utilize the 80m band, Big Brother in Newington would doubtlessly
oppose it.  Life is too short to waste time battling with inane
bureaucrats.
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K