[AMPS] SB-220 failure

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 failure
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 20:31:04 -0400
>>Replace the bad tube and repair the damage. Anything you do to the
>>suppressor won't make a bit of difference, except add  $29.95
>>to the California economy. :-)
>>
>The price of the suppressor retrofit kit is $14.50.  So, doing things to
>the suppressor won't make a bit of difference?

Rich:

Let's face it.  Selling suppressor kits at $14.50 in a very limited
market-demand environment isn't going to make anyone wealthy.

A few years ago you were railroaded by a "lynch-mob," some of whom couldn't
stand that the theory to which their amplifiers rested was either faulty or
weak.  Nevertheless, there was no reason for any of them to feel shame for
their previous work or for their (mis-)understanding of amplifiers.
Instead, they perceived that you were telling them their kid was "ugly."
I've always wanted to know: What do (did) any of the "contributors" know
that Eimac's engineers don't who work in state-of-the-art laboratories with
their very own vacuum tubes on a daily basis?

Back to the SB-230: No, my amplifier was a stock design.  When I was 14
years old, a "parasitic" was something I learned about in biology class <g>.

-Paul, W9AC