[AMPS] Blue Color in an 811A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blue Color in an 811A
From: rdl2@igs.net (rdl2@igs.net)
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 16:26:59 -0400
Dale: I had differing and irreconcilable SWR readings (one on the radio and
one on the MFJ tuner)
until I took the low pass filter out of the line between the radio and
amplifier. No matter how I tweaked the caps in the low pass, even into a
dummy load, I could get get it below about 1.3:1.
So, the low pass came out and everything is fine now.

If you are using the automatic antenna tuner in the radio *and* the MFJ
tuner, try turning off the automatic tuner and using only the MFJ so that
they are not working against each other and presenting two changing
variables.

73, Rob

Robin Ludlow, VE3YE, Editor, The Canadian Amateur
1010 Bosque Crescent, Cumberland, ON, CANADA  K4C 1C3
Phone: 613-833-2766                           Fax: 613-833-2716
E-mail: RDL2@igs.net      Packet radio: VE3YE@VE3KYT
Radio Amateurs of Canada web site:  http://www.rac.ca