[AMPS] Cliperton L mods??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Cliperton L mods??
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (Steve Narducci)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 22:08:50 -0500
With my solid state ten tec, I have a high swr on some bands and lower
output with the
amp.  Is there a fix for this?  I have heard not so good things from using
tuners.
On 160 meters, I get about 600 watts out max with 100 watts of drive with
an swr
of 1.2:1 which is low on this band.  On 80, I get about 1100 watts out with
an swr of
2.5:1 and 100 watts of drive.  40 meters is about 900 watts swr 3:1.  on 20
about
800 watts out swr is 1.2:1.   15 is about the same.  10 meters, forget it.
swr is so
high I don't get any output from my rig into the amp.  From any of you
cliperton users,
what is the typical output from this amp?  This amp has been sitting on a
shelf for
nearly 20 years of non use.  It has the original 572b's that even say
Dentron on them.
Are there any other mods that I should look into putting in this amp?
What is this vhf parasitic suppessor circuit, something I should put in?
Sorry for the inexpericened questions and bandwidth.....Steve