[AMPS] Cliperton L mods??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Cliperton L mods??
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 09:46:32 EDT
The L was built back in the days of tube rigs so input VSWR was not a
problem.
Dentron sold a tuned input kit that included an extra switch wafer. I
haven't seen a spare kit for years.
You can use the universal input from Omega Electronics, 919-266-7373. It
is 12VDC relay switched and it will fit inside the L. An external 6
position switch would probably be the easiest.

There are a number of mods to improve performance on 160, 10, and even
add WARCS (dont try 12M yet....the plate choke is resonant.). The first
step is to get the input tuned.
All said and done the L should run 1000-1300W out on all bands.

GL  Carl  KM1H