[AMPS] New Svetlana 3CX800A7 tube

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] New Svetlana 3CX800A7 tube
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 10:05:22 EST
On Mon, 3 Nov 1997 07:14:17 -0500 "John Lane" <lane@glerl.noaa.gov>
writes:
>The Svetlana 4CX400 and 4CX800's that I use are excellent.  Why should
>the
>3CX800 be different?

Very simple....The Russians have been building tetrodes all along and
have them perfected.
Their experience with an all new tube is nil so it will take some time to
get it right. The same goes with large glass tubes. Grounded grid was not
part of the Russian military applications.
This told to me by a Svetlana executive.

Remember also that Eimac, RCA, etc has had their share of problems with
new tubes.

73  Carl  KM1H