[AMPS] ALPHA "SUNSPOT" SALE!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ALPHA "SUNSPOT" SALE!
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 02:10:08 GMT
On Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:19:21 +0000, w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
wrote:

>> Speak for yourself, Dan.  It's list-related, timely and useful.  I
>> don't mind it a bit.  I only wish it had been a couple of months
>> earlier -- I could have saved $200 on my 91B!
>>
>> 73, Bill W7TI
>
>Hi Bill,
>
>I had no idea it was OK to advertise or do commercial marketing
>on this list. I'll tell Ameritron, Command, and QRO the policy has
>now been changed, and to get some wonderful ads ready for all of us
>to enjoy!
I had no idea either.  I still don't -- I'm not the list boss.  All
I'm saying is I don't mind it.

>I remember well when KB8VU form QRO was openly flamed for posting
>something similar, and no one defended Ray. What's fair for one guy,
>is certainly fair for the other.
Agreed, fair's fair.

>IMO, it's poor manners and thoughtless for ANY business to spam lists
>or newsgroups.
>
>73, Tom W8JI
Depends on one's definition of spam.  If someone posts an ad for
lawnmowers or hair spray or laundry detergent on the AMPS reflector,
that's spam.  If it's an ad for an amplifier, it's not.  But like I
said, I'm not the list boss.  I'll defer to him.

73, Bill W7TI