[AMPS] GSB201

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] GSB201
From: rfp@rfparts.com (Merit)
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 18:26:06 -0800
   For kicks, I am in the process of cleaning up the RF layout on
an old GSB201.  New (taller) RFC, glitch res, shorter connections
to tuning cap, bias cutoff & control circuit, 572B's, etc.

   While doing these fun things, I got to wondering if anyone has
been successful in converting to 6m?  I worry about lead lengths,
chassis connections, etc.  Obviously, the plate tuning cap will
change, removal of switching & coils, Antenna change over relay, etc.
   Wonder just how squirrelly it might turn out to be.
Anyone played with this unit?

Merit   W6NQ   (W6NLO)