[AMPS] Re:

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:
From: bohnovic@worldnet.att.net (John/K4WJ)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:51:47 -0500
I see a lot of messages that post the URL to a WEB page as Steve did below. I
would like to request that whenever you post a URL that you type the full URL
so that it appears like this, http://www.rell.com  Most e-mail software will
see the http:// and highlight the rest of the string in blue. It highlights all
the characters up to the first space.

Also, if you type the full string I can click on the highlighted characters and
Eudora will automatically call up my WEB browser and take me to the appropriate
WEB page without me having to type in the URL.

This means that the person creating the message has to type 7 more characters
but a lot of people reading the message will not have to go thru the extra work
of copying and pasting to the WEB browser.

Also note that it is not necessary to put brackets around the URL. In fact if
you do that the e-mail software will not recognize it as a URL.

This message is meant to be a helpful tip to those folks that are not aware
that an e-mail browser such as Eudora will save you time when you want to go to
a URL posted in the message body. I believe that the Netscape e-mail software
will do the same thing.

73..de John/K4WJ

At 07:24 AM 2/12/98 +0000, Steve Thompson wrote:

>Richardson Electronics (www.rell.com) have 100 ohm flange mounting

>resistors and 50 ohm terminations with ratings up to 800W. You could use

>6 x 100 ohms in parallel-series. The 250W vesion is about $20-25 ea. Add

>your own heatsink.

>Steve G8GSQ

>--

John/<italic>K4WJ</italic> in Pembroke Pines, FL

        QTH is 26 00 51 N

               80 16 16 W

        <italic>K8PXG</italic> from 18 Jun 59 to 11 Feb 97

        <italic>K8WJ</italic>  from 12 Feb 97 to 07 Apr 97

        <italic>ZF2HZ

</italic>