[AMPS] Chimneys

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Chimneys
From: LOMAX1@prodigy.net (Frank & Barb Ayers)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 18:51:44 -0000
Thanks to all who responded about the 4CX800 chimney. What I found and will
try is a "freeze heat and serve" container made by Anchor Hocking. The 8 oz
size is just about perfect to cut a 2.75 inch hole in the bottom, and the
hight is perfect. Plus, it has a tab on each side for mounting. It's also
listed as being safe in gas or electric ovens up to 400 degrees F. Neat.
I'll see how it works.
One other little note. In looking at the mounting for the 4CX800 socket, I
noticed that it has the same footprint as the one for the 4CX1600B. So, if
I ever decide I want to move the birds off the array quicker I can retrofit
it fairly easily.

Frank
W2FCA