[AMPS] SB-1000 bandswitch damage

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-1000 bandswitch damage
From: rakefet@rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:29:11 -0800
km1h @ juno.com wrote:

> The AL-80A is also known and prone to bandswitch damage

When I got the amp, the choke was burned out.  The bandswitch damage could have
happened at the same time.  The choke has now been replaced with an Ameritron
AL-80B
choke, and I've also added one of Rich's Nichrome-type parasitic suppressors
(without
taking sides in the VHF parasitic controversy, it certainly can't hurt) and a
resistor in series with the input at the cathode, also as Rich suggests.  I am
very
careful to load the amp sufficiently.

I would, however, like to add this corona washer to be on the safe side.  Can
anyone
tell me what material and size this washer should be, and where it should go?
Ameritron (and Heath at some point) thought it was a good idea.

Vic K2VCO